Friday, November 2, 2012

Restaurant Review: Original Pete's

 Wow. It's been awhile since I posted here. During the last few weeks, I've been stressing out with assignments and papers.  Luckily one of my professors moved one of our paper due dates from the week before turkey break to after.  Even though there's going to be a two papers and possibly a presentation due that week, I don't mind.  A week more is always good for me :]

A few weeks ago, after a stroll around downtown, the bf and I decided to drive to Original Pete's. They have a nice selection of sandwiches, burgers, pizza, and pasta.  Along with my mother and grandmother, I like their Penne with Chicken, Feta, and Pine Nuts.  This could be easily made at home.  Saute some chicken, spinach, tomatoes... combine them with penne pasta and toss some feta cheese and pine nuts on it.  And there's a meal for you :D
I was almost going to choose this as my entree for the night, but I noticed that they added a new sandwich.  So, I choose the Grilled Wild Salmon BLT. I love BLTs.  It's probably the top sandwich I would eat at a restaurant.  I never had one with salmon, so it was something I had to definitely try.
Grilled Wild Salmon BLT: Wild Salmon grilled to flaky perfection. Served on a soft potato bun, with Pete’s citrus aïoli, bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado. Served with my choice of a potato salad.

I thought the Salmon BLT was good and flavorful.  Was a nice, different twist on a classic sandwich.  The salmon complemented nicely with the other ingredients.  I have to try making this sandwich at home.  Original Pete's always gives me new ideas :]

The Bf's Chicken Gorgonzola Bowtie: Gorgonzola cheese, grilled chicken, bacon, mushrooms, garlic, red and green onions, basil and rosemary in a creamy sauce with bowtie pasta.  Served with garlic bread.
Original Pete's is one of those restaurants where you can get lunch and dinner ideas for home.  Speaking of homemade meals, I will be posting some meals that I've made.  Look for those soon!

1 comment: