Sunday, September 16, 2012

Taste of Chico 2012

Last weekend, I got the chance to enjoy myself at the Taste of Chico.  For a few hours, restaurants, breweries, wineries, and beverage distributors from around the area gave samples on the downtown streets.  There were also art galleries and four live music stages.  There were three ticket options that were available for the event.  I decided to get the bf and I each the middle ticket option of 7 food samples and 6 non-alcohol beverages.  I was tempted to get next option with 9 food samples, but then we would've wasted our money on the alcohol drinks samples.  We are not much of alcohol drinkers...  I consider soda as my "drink of choice." :]

For the non-alcoholic drinks samples: 
-I had Jones Green Apple, Orange, Berry Lemonade, and Cream Pure Cane Soda: Loved it.
-Chico Chai: original chai with organic milk: 1st time I had Chai. Good!
-Some GNC's sports drink: tasted horrible!!!

For the food samples:

The first food sample that we both had to try was Lovely Layers Cakery.
Left Cupcake: Peanut butter cream (vanilla cake swirled with peanut butter, topped with peanut butter cream cheese, peanut butter streusel, and a chocalate drizzle.)
Right Cupcake: Strawberry Lemonade (strawberry cake, topped with cream cheese and lemon drizzle.)
OMGsh!!! So good! This wins the best for this festival!!! Wished I came back and not waste my last sample on Woodstocks. I have to go to their store and try the rest of their cupcakes!!! :]

Food sample that the bf tried was Bella's Sports Pub.
This was their Pulled Pork Sandwich (BBQ pulled pork served with coleslaw)

The 2nd food sample I tried was Crush
Brick Oven Meatballs (roasted tomato sauce, basil pasta, and fresh ricotta)

3rd food sample: Lucero
Top: Extra Virgin Olive Oil with bread
Right: Tequila Jalapeno Kiss Mustard
Bottom: Grilled Tomato Tomato Tapenade (tomatoes with inions, garlic, capers, with doses of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
Left: Green Olive Tapenade (red bell peppers, carrots, garlic, and parsley with green olives, extra virgin olive oil, and capers)

4th food sample: Leon Bistro
Beef Burger with carmelized onions
Beef Burger with fried egg and carmelized onions


Harvest Rice Salad: Local organic Aassa & Lundberg rice with local seared summer squash, sweet gypsy peppers, roasted local winter squash, toasted local walnuts, squash seeds tossed with Berkeley Farms olive oil, and Orland Cremery Feta.
On the side: Heirloom tomato and fresh peach salsa with Lundberg rice chips
This dish was so refreshing, healthy, and left me satisfied!

6th food sample: Mom's 
Pulled Pork Pancakes (corn pancakes with jalapeno cheese, chipotle pulled pork with a Carolina BBQ sauce & whiskey syrup)
Buttermilk Biscuit Bread Pudding (topped with a caramel sauce)
I hope this gets put on Mom's menu!!! I would definitely order this!!!

7th food sample: Upper Crust Bakery
Strawberry Triffle (strawberries, vanilla pudding, angel food cake topped with whipped cream)

8th food sample: Woodstock's Pizza
(Pepperoni Pizza: not worth taking a picture of.  This was my last sample of the day.  Everything else was either closed or ran out of food)

The winners for this event was Lovely Layers Cakery cupcakes, Mom's Buttermilk Biscuit Bread Pudding, and Chico Natural Food Co-Op salad. I cannot wait for the next Taste of Chico or any community event!!! :]





No comments:

Post a Comment