Friday, October 12, 2012

Waffle Time!

Ever since my bf gave me a waffle maker last year, I've been crazy over Belgian waffles.  I had alot of pancakes but never got to experience waffles at a younger age.  I would hear stories about my mother and aunts having good homemade waffles when they were young.  But then their waffle maker broke.  That ruined everything.  Here learned that having a good waffle maker is a key for making good waffles.  From what I heard from my mother, their waffle maker was the best, but I believe mine is too.

I have a Cuisinart round classic waffle maker. It was perfectly for me.  It simple, has a nonstick baking plates, red and green "ready to bake/ready to eat" indicator lights, and has a five-setting thermostat browning control.  I recommend this waffle maker if you want one.  It makes perfectly round waffles.

One night for dinner, I made some special waffles for my bf and I.

 Blueberry Belgian Waffles topped off with sliced bananas and drizzled with honey
Hash browns on the side
-For the mix I use Eating Right's Whole Wheat Pancake mix, where you have to add olive oil, milk, and eggs.  I don't use the easy, just add water pancake mix... ick.

-I added blueberries into the mix and put the mix into the waffle maker with a thermostat setting of 4.  I like my waffles a little brown.

-After its done I sliced up some bananas, threw it on the waffles.  While my bf drizzles his with plain old maple syrup, I like to drizzle mine with honey.

-And there's a perfect meal for anytime of the day.

Stay tuned for more waffle time posts! I will definitely experiment more with waffle making! :]




No comments:

Post a Comment